When it came to planning my daughters first birthday, I knew I wanted to make the occasion special not only for her, but for the guests in attendance. Party favors are easy to purchase, but if you are looking for something more memorable and budget friendly, a handmade gift is the way to go. Here are simple steps to creating this thoughtful gift. Please note, I purchased all candle making supplies at Michaels.
ITEMS YOU WILL NEED
1. Soy Wax
2. Soy Wicks
3. Wooden Sticks
4. Heat proof glass jars
5. Candle scent
6. Printer friendly labels
7. Pyrex measuring cup
8. Clear bags and string/twine
9. Favorite candy
Vintage shopping is one of the best ways to add well made clothing and jewelry to your closet, without spending a lot of money. When looking for places to find vintage items at great prices, search online and in local papers for estate sales and plan to attend several in the same area. Here are my top tips that have made my searches successful:
1. Make a day of it, bring some sandwiches and a friend along.
2. The best deals to be had on are the last day, and the last few hours of the sale.
3. Don't be afraid to haggle, also if purchasing more than one item, ask for a single price for all items.
4. Don't forget that hidden treasures are often found in piles of costume jewelry.
Here are some items from my ETSY shop that I found at estate sales;
Here is an easy DIY for creating adorable headbands at a fraction of the cost. I have a young daughter and when shopping for cute headbands in stores, I suffered from sticker shock. So, I decided to make my own.